Each Homecoming weekend at the end of September, our church holds our Annual Missions Conference. This year, the conference will take place on Saturday, September 22, 2007. The theme will be “From Our Neighborhoods to the Nations” and will have one representative from our Judea, Jerusalem, Samaria, and the Ends of the Earth. Last year was a tremendous success with Jim Smith (DOM, Boone’s Creek Association), Randy Foster (Kentucky Baptist Convention), J. D Payne (Missions School Professor, Southern Seminary), and David Sills (former missionary to Ecuador, missions professor at Southern). Our people left with a tremendous burden to reach Eastern Canada for Christ.
This year, the line-up looks just as promising because I know the Lord is at work in these men:
- Matthew Perry (yes, that’s me — I’ll give an overview);
- John Ferguson, Lexington Rescue Mission, Lexington, KY (Jerusalem)
- Dr. Hershael York, Professor, Southern Seminary; Pastor, Buck Run Baptist Church, Frankfort, KY; former KBC President (2004-2005)(Judea);
- Bill Barker, Appalachian Regional Ministry (http://www.arministry.org/), NAMB (Samaria);
- John Divito, Centers for Apologetics Research, Missionary-to-Be in Uganda, Editor of “The Reformed Baptist Thinker” (Ends of the Earth)
Please be in prayer over this — and if you can, plan on attending. It takes place from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Labels: Personal Ministry