Monday, June 12, 2006
Awesome Ministry Opportunity
Below is a slightly modified version of a letter I sent out today.

-------------------------

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Greetings in the name of Christ!

As you know, my heart's desire is for people to draw close to our Lord and to know Him better. I also pray for increasing discernment and the ability for followers of Christ to separate God's truth from error.

Unfortunately, for many Christians around the world, this is not easy. Cults come in and move people away from our Lord by their deception. Syncretism flourishes where biblical beliefs are intermingled with false teaching. Church leaders are poorly equipped to refute the errors in their midst. Resources (books, tapes, etc.) are unaffordable or simply unavailable in their own languages, making the situation dire indeed.

Nevertheless I believe that, by God's grace, these obstacles can be overcome. This summer I have the opportunity to address these issues personally on a mission trip to Belize through the Centers for Apologetics Research (CFAR). Lord willing, I’ll be in Central America from August 1st to 9th.

It promises to be a very busy time! I’ve been asked to teach and give my testimony at churches and schools in Belmopan, Belize City, and Punta Gorda, along with at least one television interview. While there I’ll research the potential for developing a new regional outreach to serve Central America and the Caribbean. Finally, I’m to meet with national pastors and missionaries to assess how to overcome barriers in effective countercult and discernment ministry in a Third-World setting.

In light of all this, I’d appreciate your help — and first and foremost, my family needs your intercession. Not only will we be separated during this time, but I have no doubt that we’ll be facing spiritual warfare. Even so, I know that God will hear our prayers and advance His kingdom. What a wonderful opportunity to make Him known! Additionally, I could use your financial support. God has already provided the plane ticket, so all that remains is $500 for expenses.

If you’d like to be involved with this important work, please let me know. However God may lead you, I’m trusting that He will provide. May God be glorified as we serve Him!

Because of His grace,
John Divito


P.S. Let me know if you’d like to receive periodic prayer updates on this trip via e-mail.

Labels:

 
posted at 2:30 PM  
Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
John

I am a former Mormon who has been saved by Jesus Christ. Now I am a missionary involved with the Africa Center for Apologetics Research (ACFAR). I seek to live in light of Paul's words: "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21 ESV)

My Complete Profile


About My Blog
  • Why I am the Reformed Baptist Thinker

  • Recent Posts
  • Controversy

  • I'm on LifeWay Again!

  • William Lane Craig and Bart D. Ehrman Debate the R...

  • Weird Al takes on James Blunt's "You're Beautiful"...

  • Weekender -- C.H. Spurgeon, "The First Sermon in t...

  • I'm Out

  • Weekender -- C.H. Spurgeon, "The First Sermon in t...

  • Congratulations Tom Ascol!

  • Dallas Theological Seminary and the Emerging Churc...

  • Russell Moore, Brian McLaren, and the Kingdom of G...


  • Reformed Links
  • The 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith
  • The Association of Reformed Baptist Churches in America
  • Discerning Reader
  • Founders Ministries
  • The Gospel Coalition
  • Monergism
  • Nicene Council
  • The Reformed Baptist Theological Review
  • Reformation 21
  • The Spurgeon Archive
  • Third Millennium Ministries
  • Together for the Gospel
  • John Frame and Vern Poythress
  • Sam Waldron

  • Apologetics Links
  • Mormonism Research Ministry
  • Truth in Love Ministry
  • Centers for Apologetics Research
  • LifeWay Apologetics
  • Alpha and Omega Ministries

  • Blogroll
  • The A-Team Blog
  • Illumination
  • Mormon Coffee
  • Pros Apologian
  • Pulpit Magazine
  • Pyromaniacs
  • Reformation 21 Blog
  • Reformed Baptist Fellowship
  • Said at Southern
  • Together for the Gospel Blog
  • Tom Ascol
  • Les Bollinger
  • Denny Burk
  • Tim Challies
  • Steve Cowan
  • Jeff Downs
  • Bob Kauflin
  • Kevin Larson
  • Albert Mohler Commentary
  • Albert Mohler Blog
  • Russell Moore
  • Jonathan Moorhead
  • Matt Perry
  • David Sills
  • Justin Taylor
  • Brent Thomas
  • Joe Thorn
  • Paul Tripp
  • Keith Walker

  • Labels
  • ACFAR
  • Apologetics
  • Book Reviews
  • Christianity and Culture
  • Emerging Church and Postmodernism
  • Missions
  • Mormonism
  • Puritans
  • Theology
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic
  • Personal Life
  • Personal Ministry
  • Other Resources

  • Miscellaneous


    Subscribe to Reformed Baptist Thinker




    Archives
  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • June 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • March 2008

  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Meter: