The latest Billy Graham Evangelistic Association's Decision magazine includes an interview with John Piper: "A Taste for Christ." If you want a summary of his ministry, or if you just want to be refreshed, then check it out!
Piper answers the following questions:
- In your book "Desiring God" you talk about how the believer in Christ acquires a new taste for God at conversion. What do you mean?
- So delighting in God is a matter of seeing Him with the eyes of faith and worshiping Him?
- So we use the Word of God in combination with prayer?
- How do we maintain the balance between fighting the good fight and resting in Christ's sufficiency?
- So it was on the cross that God secured our justification so that we can live this boldly?
- Our joy is authentic then because it rests in the finished work of Christ?
- So we grow in our fight for joy by realizing the pleasures of sin are deceitful and corrupt, while the pleasure of God is eternally satisfying?
- How can we taste the goodness of God and savor His supremacy in the face of afflictions and trials?
(HT: Justin Taylor)