Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Update on Chad Allen and End of the Spear
CNN.com has posted the transcript of last night's Larry King Live program. Included in the panel discussion was Dr. Albert Mohler (president of the seminary I attend), Janet Parschall (conservative Christian radio talk show host), and Chad Allen (homosexual rights activist and actor in the new move End of the Spear). Here is the interesting conclusion to this program:

KING: And, Janet, do you think you're losing this battle?

PARSHALL: No. Truth always reigns, Larry. It will be debated for a long period of time. And you know what? Chad Allen stars in a wonderful film called "End of the Spear." He plays a fellow by the name of Nate Saint, who was macheted to death by a very, very aggressive tribe in Ecuador. And you know what, Steve, his son, is now alive today. He travels with the man who macheted his father to death. And they didn't say to the Wadoni (ph) tribe, hey, make it up, you can find your own path to God. They told them exactly how to find God, and their whole lives and their entire culture changed because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So, Chad, it's a great film, and I'm going to be happy to be seeing it.

ALLEN: Thank you very much. And I appreciate that. I couldn't agree more. Steve Saint called me today, and he said, I need you to know that I'm sitting here with Mincayani. We'll be watching you tonight. We love you. We are on your side. And I know that we have those differences, but we are walking through this together. That's where we're going to go.

KING: Great to end this program on a wonderful note. And I thank you all very much.
 
posted at 8:50 AM  
Comments (4)


4 Comments:
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Stacy L. Harp said...

Hi John,

I've posted the video on my site if you'd like to link to it.

It will be up in moments.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Stacy L. Harp said...

Ooops, I forgot my site

www.blogforbooks.com

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger StuartS. said...

I've not yet seen the film. But is does immediately occur to me that a more missional approach to the issue has been demonstrated by Steve Saint in his reaching out to Allen.

It would appear that many do not want "sinners" involved with their "Gospel Blimps."

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Kenny Wells said...

Hi John,

Do you think this is an "idol meat" issue? I tend to think it is and have posted an entry on my blog to that effect, which actually started out as merely a plug for your blog entry.

Anyhow, feel free to stop by the site and let me know what you think.

Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
John

I am a former Mormon who has been saved by Jesus Christ. Now I am a missionary involved with the Africa Center for Apologetics Research (ACFAR). I seek to live in light of Paul's words: "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21 ESV)

My Complete Profile


About My Blog
  • Why I am the Reformed Baptist Thinker

  • Recent Posts
  • To See or Not To See: End of the Spear

  • My Family and Little House on the Prairie

  • Commenting on Comments

  • The Happy Day Express

  • Ready for Reformation? Yes!

  • Judas the Redeemed Betrayer?

  • Why I am the Reformed Baptist Thinker

  • Books and Culture Magazine on Mormonism

  • My Departure from the A-Team

  • Book Review: Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling


  • Reformed Links
  • The 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith
  • The Association of Reformed Baptist Churches in America
  • Discerning Reader
  • Founders Ministries
  • The Gospel Coalition
  • Monergism
  • Nicene Council
  • The Reformed Baptist Theological Review
  • Reformation 21
  • The Spurgeon Archive
  • Third Millennium Ministries
  • Together for the Gospel
  • John Frame and Vern Poythress
  • Sam Waldron

  • Apologetics Links
  • Mormonism Research Ministry
  • Truth in Love Ministry
  • Centers for Apologetics Research
  • LifeWay Apologetics
  • Alpha and Omega Ministries

  • Blogroll
  • The A-Team Blog
  • Illumination
  • Mormon Coffee
  • Pros Apologian
  • Pulpit Magazine
  • Pyromaniacs
  • Reformation 21 Blog
  • Reformed Baptist Fellowship
  • Said at Southern
  • Together for the Gospel Blog
  • Tom Ascol
  • Les Bollinger
  • Denny Burk
  • Tim Challies
  • Steve Cowan
  • Jeff Downs
  • Bob Kauflin
  • Kevin Larson
  • Albert Mohler Commentary
  • Albert Mohler Blog
  • Russell Moore
  • Jonathan Moorhead
  • Matt Perry
  • David Sills
  • Justin Taylor
  • Brent Thomas
  • Joe Thorn
  • Paul Tripp
  • Keith Walker

  • Labels
  • ACFAR
  • Apologetics
  • Book Reviews
  • Christianity and Culture
  • Emerging Church and Postmodernism
  • Missions
  • Mormonism
  • Puritans
  • Theology
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic
  • Personal Life
  • Personal Ministry
  • Other Resources

  • Miscellaneous


    Subscribe to Reformed Baptist Thinker




    Archives
  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • August 2006

  • September 2006

  • October 2006

  • November 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • February 2007

  • March 2007

  • April 2007

  • May 2007

  • June 2007

  • July 2007

  • August 2007

  • September 2007

  • October 2007

  • November 2007

  • December 2007

  • March 2008

  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Meter: